Phew! I’m on a whirlwind of “last weeks in Malaysia” craziness! We are moving in less than two weeks and trying to make sure we fit it all in before we go. Over the next week and a half I need to:
- Finish out the school year – grading, writing report card comments, clean out the classroom, organize everything for the new teacher.
- Complete an entire grad level course for my Ed Leadership Certificate (the last course, woo hoo!)
- Sort out what I need for both my summer vacation and the first few months in BKK before my shipment arrives, so I can take it all home to the US for the summer and then bring it back to Asia in August.
- Pack up our home and make sure everything goes smoothly with the movers.
- Attend a friend’s wedding in Malacca (a beautiful town about 2 hours – with no traffic – away from KL by car ).
- And the worst part: say goodbye to all of my friends and to Malaysia. I’m not looking forward to that…
There is so much I will miss after living only two years in KL, but I’ve somehow fooled myself into thinking that Thailand will be similar (and close) enough that this will be easier than a long-haul move. But now that it’s coming down to the end, I’m mostly just feeling sad about leaving. I’m definitely putting off the actual good-bye’s until the last moment because I can’t even believe it’s really happening….