I’m often commenting on just how easy it is to live here in KL and this past Thursday night was no exception. We went out with our friends Jabiz and Mairin to see some (fantastic) local bands at a great club called Laundry. When I think about going to see a local band at a club, I think crowded, dirty, hard to find, totally unknown.
Not here in KL, even going to a club is supremely easy…
This place was:
- a total of five minutes away from my house, door-to-door.
- in the mall – on the nice, open air strip with all the restaurants.
- associated with Italianni’s (a chain restaurant next door) so they basically had a full-service restaurant in the club.
- open to the outdoor seating area on two sides so you could either stand inside, sit on the couches inside, or sit at a table outside and enjoy your dinner.
- clean, comfortable and not very crowded (and apparently the night we were there was the most crowded it’s ever been).
- free! When do you ever get to go to completely free concerts?
- on a “street” with three or four other restaurants featuring live music.
I mean, really? How much easier can they make it to enjoy new music?