Let me count the ways:
- Yet another 4 day weekend due to our lively mix of cultures.
- Discovering unexpected surprises around every corner – this time it was seeing our friend Robert perform at a new club called The Annex just behind the Central Market.
- The food, oh the food: this weekend we had Chinese, English Breakfast, sushi, Indian, Dim Sum, and Tex Mex.
- TV – so many new shows I never would have seen in Munich – Heros, Lost, Ugly Betty, The Office, Entourage. Who knew TV was this good again?
- Sun, sun, sun, and the occasional raindrop. We had a lazy rainy Saturday (the perfect time to watch the first half of Lost, Season 3 on DVD) – always a nice change of pace from the never ending blue skies.
- Fantastic massages for a reasonable price at a beautiful spa within walking distance of my house.
- The availability of almost any English language book I could ever want.
- Green trees, gentle slopes, placid lakes and smoothly paved walking paths in and around the many parks we are discovering as part of the walking club.
- The astounding lack of dubbed movies. What a pleasant change of pace from Germany. There is always a little something lost in the dubbing, thankfully this is not a problem here in KL.
- Exotic fruits, vegetables and spices. So many things that would have required an extended journey to the specialty store back in Munich or the US. Cilantro, passion fruit, kaffir lime leaves, fresh mango chutney, fresh tumeric, dragon fruit, lemon grass, and every single kind of chili/pineapple/mango/onion/ginger you can imagine.
Why do you love where you live?