I’m reading all about differentiation for my Ed Leadership class, and it makes me wonder about when I was in school… Sometimes I wonder if I didn’t have the “proper encouragement” as a young child to go into the technology and science field. You know how you always see stories about young women who are excelling in the science field and they always says how their parents and teachers enouraged them? Actually, I’m kind of referencing my favorite movie here… Well, I wonder if I was encouraged. Because growing up I always thought I was bad at math and science and strong in English and history. Now, I can barely spell and I have no concept of grammar, but I love all thing scientific and technological. The reason I say all this is because, when I go through my news aggregator in the morning, these are things I find so interesting:
- Well, I think we all know why I find this item interesting.
- But are you genuinely excited about this upcoming movie? ‘Cause I am.
- And I think this is pretty cool too.
- I love that UK drivers are so smart.
- And, I’ll definitely be commenting on this article since we all know I love my Mac so much.
- I was also very interested to see that the US population has reached 300 Million. But I think there are still more English speakers in China than there are in the US…
- Did you know that scientists recently discovered a lost city? Of course the Wikipedia entry on the subject is thriving.
- This one is quite old, but it still makes me laugh: Have you considered buying milk on Amazon?
I’m also loving the viral video world:
- Check out the Aurora-borealis. I need to go to the Arctic. But I hate winter. What to do?
- I watched this OK go video a while ago, but was recently reminded how funny it is. I love how bands can now become popular just based on YouTube! And, I’m sure you all know that Google just bought YouTube, right?
- I’m not sure how Aleksey Vayner fits in, but I think it’s pretty funny. Even The New Yorker is interested. Now that’s a story!
- I’ve already shared Dove’s Campaign for Real Beauty with everyone at school. I am just blown away by the power of this short flash animation. Lucky for me, I’m teaching Flash this quarter…
Anyway, to bring it all back around. Sometimes I wonder if I had been “properly encouraged” in the science and technology field, might I be an astronaut today?